Sunday, March 14, 2010

"WE" are buying a house

Soooo, buying a house while your husband is deployed it, let's say, hmm, exhausting. He's so excited about all the "stuff" he wants to do, install a brand new, tankless water heater (the current one is 3 years old and works just fine - I understand that there are benefits to a tankless, and eventually want one, but, the one we have works), put solar panels on the roof ( which I am SURE the HOA will have something to say about), redecorate, paint, change stuff, plant stuff, do STUFF. Now, please do not get me wrong (and you don't get me wrong either "TS" - Cause the hubs reads my blog), I DO want to do all these things eventually. Right now, I am just focusing on getting into the house. We haven't closed yet, I need to pack our entire house, by myself, and arrange for movers (cause you KNOW I am not doing it by myself), not to mention hire someone to come in and scrub baseboards, steam clean all the flooring, and just do a general DEEP clean, all while going back to school full time, and doing my job as a Family Readiness Support Assistant on a brigade level. A job which can be particularly demanding on my time because A. I live so far from the Armory in which I am imbedded (the reason for the move originally) and B. I believe that every single family in my Brigade deserves attention. Every unit deserves a functioning, positive, productive Family Readiness Group, and every commander deserves to have his soldier's families taken care of. So while I fully intend on completing all of the afore mentioned things, I am SURE that there will be a breakdown somewhere. I am just hoping it's a mild one, and I don't tick off too many people while I'm going through it. So each and every time I hear "honey, so I was talking to some of the guys and they said... (insert something that we "need" to do, which the thought will make me tired) I wanna yell, "STOP the make me crazy train". Is that breakdown starting already? Anyone wanna come pack my house for me?

1 comment:

digitalgaspar said...

laughs & frustrations
As a guy we like to do things and build things and feel like we are doing something productive. As a husband i know that my wife is very busy and out shines me.
So the little i can do is a big deal. the wanting to talk about the ideas and thought i have is because you women keep telling us guys that you want us to communicate more. the main point in that being a deployed soldier is hard you day is filled with many things to do when you come home on leave there is nothing no focus NO MISSION. So we make small missions to keep us sane happy and productive.
well Tim the tool man taylor had it right
a guy is not a guy with out his tools, or something like that.

Tech support:-)